Hospices de BeauneBeaune, Cuvée Maurice Drouhin 2005
Rare & Collectible
Beaune, Cuvée Maurice Drouhin 2005
Average vine age is 27 years in the parcels of Beaune vineyards donated to the Hospices by Maurice Drouhin. The grapes were in perfect condition for harvest 2005, and it will certainly be a great vintage, perhaps one of the finest of our lifetime. The wine has rich fruit flavors, heady aromas, and excellent structure. Expected maturity 2012-2020.
- Cuvée Maurice Drouhin, by the Excellent Burgundy Grower, Merchant and Negociant, Joseph Drouhin et Cie.
- Joseph Drouhin is the very prestigious grower and negociant in Beaune and Burgundy. They have extensive land holdings in Beaune and Burgundy, and the trademark of their wines is elegance and finesse.
- In Burgundy, there are some truly great Domaines and Estates and then there is the Hospices de Beaune. L'Hospices de Beaune is the Historic Hospital and Generous Charitable Institution in Burgundy. The different appellations that make up this incredible domaine have only ever been inherited with the cuvée usually carrying the name of the generous donor. These parcels are from the best sections of each commune—the historic owners, often famous locally, have always owned the best ground.
- On the third Sunday in November of each year, Hospice de Beaune auctions off all of the year's wine, with all of the proceeds benefiting the hospital.
- Michael Broadbent: "Beaune is the Excellent, * * * * 4 - star region in Burgundy. It is the Historic Wine Capital of Burgundy: A walled town, hollowed with cellars. Its wines are quintessential Burgundy."
Elevage done by Mr. Thibaut Marion at Sequin-Manuel.